I have been making these Honey Lime Enchiladas for years and they are always a hit! The flavors of honey, chili powder, green enchilada sauce, and lime juice all blend together perfectly. The last time I made these enchiladas, two of my daughters came into the kitchen because it smelled so good! They had to know what I was making for dinner and were thrilled when they heard it was Honey Lime Enchiladas.
I have tried many enchilada recipes, and this is the last one! They taste amazing the next day as leftovers, freeze well to throw in the oven on a busy day, and are the perfect meal to bring to a friend in need.
Honey Lime Enchiladas Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs pork or chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce (I couldn’t find these, so I used a 15 oz. can and it was the perfect amount for us)
- equal parts mixed together of:
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- flour tortillas
Honey Lime Enchiladas Recipe Instructions
- Mix together sauce ingredients then add to shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.
- Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. (I usually use one 9×13 and one 9×9) Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish.
- Pour the remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top – don’t be stingy! (I even poured the remaining marinade sauce on top) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of the oven. Let it broil until the cheese is slightly brown and crispy.
Sometimes I make the two pans completely and freeze one for a later dinner. It’s so nice to have a homemade dinner without all of the work on a busy day. Do the work once and enjoy the food twice!
Try these other great recipes:
I make the rice Chipotle-style…I asked an employee once and they said they put cilantro, lemon juice, and salt in it. So easy & yummy!
Honey Lime Enchiladas
- 1.5 lbs pork or chicken cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 10 ounce cans mild green enchiladas
- 20 ounces Mexican cheese blend mozzarella & cheddar
- 14 count flour tortillas 10 inch
In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder. Once combilned,pour over the shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.
Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray (I usually use one 9×13 and one 9×9 pan). Pour some of the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pans to coat the entire bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place into dishes.
Pour the remainder of the green enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas in the pan and sprinkle more cheese on top. Don't be stingy! Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and place the enchiladas on the top rack of the oven. Let it broil until the cheese is slightly brown and crispy.