We love this Spinach Dip when it comes time for family parties and get-togethers. It makes an amazing appetizer for guests for any dinner party, or for an adult app at a kids’ birthday party.
This recipe is also SOOO much easier than most other spinach dips, because this one doesn’t need to be baked in the oven! This is a dump-in-a-bowl, mix-and-serve kind of dish – which makes it the perfect last-minute, quick dish!
It is best served in a hollowed-out sourdough bread bowl. Then you can use the bread from inside of the bread bowl to dip into the Dip. I like to also buy a sourdough baguette to slice and have as additional bread for dipping.
Hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Recipe tips and variations:
- Fresh spinach: If you want to use fresh spinach instead of frozen spinach, use a pound of fresh spinach leaves for every 10-ounce package of frozen that you need. Cook the fresh spinach until fully wilted, and then squeeze out excess liquid – DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
- Make ahead: For the best flavors, let the dip chill for at least 2 hours. Or, make it a day ahead and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Artichokes. Artichoke spinach dip is hard to beat. Add one can of non-seasoned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, to the recipe.
- Baby shrimp. 1 to 2 cups of baby shrimp, cooked and shelled, make an already great dip even better.
- Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated, or the stuff in the green can; a little cheese gives this dip an even deeper flavor
- Greek yogurt. A good, thick Greek yogurt lightens things up if you’re looking for a healthier spinach dip. Make sure the yogurt is non-flavored greek style!
Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach comes in a little box
- 2 packages Knorr leek soup mix
- 2 cans water chestnuts drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- Round sourdough bread with extra bread for dipping
Thaw & drain spinach.
In a large bowl, mix spinach with soup mix, water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, and onions.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. Hollow out bread bowl, and chop pieces of bread for dipping.
Fill bowl with dip and arrange bread around it.
Leave A Reply!