I am an affiliate with Get Away Today and this post contains my affiliate links. If you purchase through my link, I may receive a small commission.
Book with Get Away Today and Save with Black Friday Disneyland Ticket Deals
Did you know you can book now with Get Away Today for a holiday 2020 Disneyland vacation? For a limited time with the Black Friday Disneyland deals, you can still book tickets at 2019 prices and get adult tickets at kids’ prices! You can take advantage of the interest-free Layaway Plan and make flexible payments up until five days before you travel, making a Disneyland vacation more affordable. When you book, be sure to mention Kara J. Miller, and use promo code KARA10 for an additional $10 in savings!
- Adults at Kids’ Prices on all 3-Day and longer Disneyland Resort Tickets – that’s a $20 savings per ticket! No blackout dates – valid for travel through 12/31/2020. Valid on Park Hopper and 1-Park per Day Tickets with or without MaxPass.
- NEW – Southern California Combo Tickets – Save the most when you combine any of our Disneyland tickets with select Southern California attractions. You’ll get Adults at Kids’ Prices on 3-Day and longer Disneyland tickets + a discount on any added ticket (Universal Studios Hollywood, LEGOLAND, etc.) + an additional combo ticket discount. These will be the lowest combo ticket prices of the year! No code required.
Holidays at Disneyland
Recently, thanks to Get Away Today, I shared all of the details about Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort. Did you know that almost as soon as Halloween wraps up, Disney works its magic to transform the Parks for the winter holidays? From November 8, 2019 through January 6, 2020, Holidays at the Disneyland Resort offer magic like you wouldn’t believe!
Holidays at Disneyland
Holidays at Disneyland is my favorite time of the year! With seasonal celebrations, limited-time menu selections, and Disney Characters in their best holiday attire, it really may be the most wonderful time of the year. Get Away Today has the inside scoop on what to expect during Holidays at the Disneyland Resort.
Holidays at Disneyland – Decor and Food
It must take a whole fleet of fairies to give the whole Resort a holiday makeover! As soon as you enter Disneyland Park, you’re greeted by the iconic giant Christmas tree, ribbons, garland, twinkling lights and holiday music. Trolleys, storefronts, and even Sleeping Beauty’s Castle get a makeover for the holidays at Disneyland! It is pure magic.
In Disney California Adventure Park, you can stroll down Buena Vista Street to find a 50-foot holiday tree in the plaza outside Elias & Co. It’s decked with ornaments, lights, tinsel, and colorful garland. Head to the back of the park and enter Radiator Springs, a town that knows how to celebrate the holidays! Each storefront is merry and bright, and Cars characters will be dressed in their best for the season.
Holiday Food at Disneyland
Menus at restaurants, quick service vendors and food carts also reflect the changing seasons. Disney hasn’t yet released their 2019 food guide for Holidays at Disneyland, but if years past are any indication, it’s going to be amazing! Here’s a look at what has been offered during the holidays in the Parks:
- Hot cocoa macarons
- Turkey and stuffing tamales
- Pumpkin soup
- Pomegranate lemonade
- Eggnog cocktails
- Holiday-shaped Mickey and Minnie cookies, brownies, crispy treats and more
- Yule log
- Turkey sliders and cranberry sauce
- Holiday-colored churros with specialty flavors such as sugarplum and gingerbread
- Peppermint ice cream
YUM! In addition to the holiday menus popping up throughout the Parks, Disney California Adventure Park hosts Disney’s Festival of Holidays during the winter. Part of the celebration includes the Festive Foods Marketplace, which is a collection of up to 12 food vendors with incredibly delightful Latin-America-inspired meals and treats. When you make your first food purchase, be sure to ask for a complimentary Festival of Holidays Tasting Passport. Each time you purchase something from a vendor, you can receive a stamp. When you’ve sampled a menu item from all 12, you get a commemorative stamp to mark the occasion. For an extra cost, you can purchase a Festive Foods Marketplace Sip and Savor Pass. At around $54, it allows you to get 8 menu items in the Marketplace.
Holidays at Disneyland – Ride Overlays and Events
Each Park in Disneyland Resort features a number of holiday-themed ride overlays and limited time events and attractions for the holidays. Disneyland Park
- Wintertime Enchantment at Sleeping Beauty’s Castle: Yes, the exterior of the Castle recently got a new paint job, but the Wintertime Enchantment kicks the facade up a notch! Thousands of lights, hanging icicles, wreaths and garland make this stunning Disneyland centerpiece stand out even more.
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Display: In addition to its temporary holiday makeover, Sleeping Beauty Castle hosts this dazzling fireworks display on select nights. Enjoy the pyrotechnics, light show, music, and falling snow at the entrance to Fantasyland. Check the Disneyland app for showtimes.
- “It’s a Small World” Holiday: The outside and inside of this ride gets a limited-time look for the holidays. A blanket of lights cover the exterior of the ride, which light up each night in a festive display. Hop into a boat and sail through the ride to the sounds of holiday music!
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: The Mansion celebrated 50 years in 2019, and it’s still going strong! During the holidays at Disneyland, Jack Skellington and other The Nightmare Before Christmas characters decorate the mansion. The tour gets a new, seasonal look you’ll love.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade: Line Main Street, U.S.A. for a view of this festive parade. Disney Characters, Santa, toys, floats and more will get you into the spirit of the holidays.
Disney California Adventure Park
- Mator’s Jingle Jamboree: Enjoy a temporary overlay in Mater’s junkyard. Holiday decor and songs accompany the tractors as they twirl and spin.
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl: Smooth-crooner Luigi sings holiday songs while his tiny Italian roadsters dance. Hop aboard and sing along during this seasonal overlay.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Meet Santa on the Trail until December 24, 2019. The trail is decorated for the holidays, and welcomes guests of all ages to experience the magic of Santa. When he leaves to make his deliveries, a Disney Character will step in until the holidays conclude January 6, 2020.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad!: This Latin American festival features the Three Caballeros, mariachi music, street dancers, giant puppets, and lots of color.
- Three Kings Day: Celebrated January 3 – 6, 2020, Three Kings Day honors the Three Wise Men and the 12th Day of Christmas.
Ada wants to go to Disneyland for her 10th birthday, and thanks to these Black Friday deals on tickets from Get Away Today, we can make it happen for her. Click here to get these deals for your family before prices go up & hope to see you at the parks real soon!