Do you choose a word for the year? Have you made goals and resolutions? Last January, inspired by Gretchen Rubin and her sister Elizabeth on the Happier Podcast, I made a list of 18 things I wanted to do in 2018. Some of them were serious resolutions, others were goals just for fun. I usually don’t make resolutions and write them down, but it was fun to do! I checked in monthly to take inventory and see how I was doing. Here’s how I did:
Kara’s 18 for 2018
- SHINE – this was my word for the year. I did it, and am proud of myself!
- Go to Portland & Paris – done!
- Read the Book of Mormon – almost!
- Make more videos – done, but would have liked to have made more.
- Grow my hair out – done!
- Get the girls’ passports – done!
- Make my health & fitness a priority – stayed about the same
- Work with a brand for a crazy huge paycheck – done!
- Paint watercolors more – didn’t do.
- Use my influence to share the Gospel – done!
- Buy a swimsuit that I love and feel great in – done!
- Buy a bra that fits and flatters – done!
- Have family over for dinner more – done!
- Throw a housewarming and game night party – not done. Not having a banister and the kitchen redone kept me from it :(
- Get more affiliate sales – stayed about the same
- Take the wallpaper down & paint the kitchen – halfway through the wallpaper, haven’t painted
- Focus on my babies, not my phone – did a 10 day social media fast that really helped, still working on it daily
- Make $X/month – didn’t hit my giant number, but increased from last year so I’m happy!
Matt and I also made vision boards which was so much fun. It was pretty crazy to look back and see the things that came to fruition, and I loved having a visual reminder of my goals above my dresser. We still need to make our vision boards for this year! I have finally decided on my 19 for 2019. Here’s what I have lined up:
Kara’s 19 for 2019
- GROW (my word for the year)
- Be more stylish
- Have better posture
- Get to 10K Instagram followers
- Get to 25K sessions (30K pageviews) a month on my blog
- Get into Mediavine ad network
- Help my readers with each blog post
- Scheduled dates with Matt
- Scheduled Temple days
- Go to church together & be on time
- Read my scriptures daily
- Go to Disneyland!
- Move more
- Get on TV
- Put my phone down when my kids talk to me
- Smile more
- Cook and bake more
- Do the things that make me feel good
- Take care of my hair and skin
I would love to hear what your word, 19 for 2019, goals or resolutions are for this year! Is there anything that I can do to help you with them? Happy New Year!